Prime Ministers, Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,
1. We have now come to the closing part of this very First Mekong River Commission Summit.
2. At this Summit, the Heads of Government of the MRC member countries, representatives of Dialogue Partners and Development Partners as well as Observers have had a chance to officially meet under the MRC framework for the first time. It has been a successful and fruitful session. Leaders have candidly discussed the ways and means to take the cooperation in the Mekong River Basin to a new level, paving the way for an economically prosperous, socially just and environmentally sound Mekong River Basin.
3. This First Summit also underscores the importance and urgency of the comprehensive cooperation between the countries in the upper and lower Mekong River, especially at this time when our region is facing with numerous problems, whose natures have become increasingly complex and unpredictable. But all of these problems can be overcome if we work together. The Declaration adopted earlier provides us with a renewed vigor and spirit to do just that.
4. Today, the 15th anniversary of the Mekong River Commission marks a new dawn of our cooperation. Let us navigate the Mekong River cooperation towards the achievement of sustainable development and a prosperous region.
5. I thank you all for your participation at this historic Summit, and wish you a safe journey home. 6. Thank you very much and Sawasdee krub.