Ballast Water Management Country Profile Database
The GloBallast Country Profile Database provides a brief overview of
ballast water management arrangements in each IMO member State. Each Country
Profile gives a summary of:
- National institutional arrangements, including any:
- Lead Agency and Country Focal Point for ballast water matters
- National policy, strategy and/or action plan on ballast water
- National /local ballast water legislation & regulations
- National ballast water management measures, including any:
- National database / information system
- Ballast water risk assessments
- Ballast water sampling programmes
- Requirements for submission of ballast water reporting forms by ships
- Implementation of the IMO ballast water Guidelines (A.868(20)) in the
- Implementation of the IMO ballast water Convention in the country
- Any National research & development programmes relating to ballast water
- The status of aquatic bio-invasions in the country
The Profiles can be viewed online or downloaded / printed for use later.
The Country Profile Database is being developed in partnership with the Maritime Environmental Resource Center (MERC). For additional information on port specific ballast water, and other environmental discharge, regulations visit MERC.
Terms & Conditions
Access to the Country Profile Database is subject
to acceptance of these
Terms & Conditions.
These Profiles are provided in good faith as a guide only and are based
on information provided by each country. Profiles that do not contain
information, indicate simply that the country has not provided/entered
the information, and do not necessarily mean that the country does not
have arrangements, requirements and/or legislation relating to ballast
water. Information in the Profiles is subject to change and should,
in each case, be independently verified before any reliance is placed
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) hereby excludes, to the
fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all liability to
any person, corporation or other entity for any loss, damage or expense
resulting from reliance on or use of these Country Profiles.
© International Maritime Organization 2009.
These Profiles may be reproduced by any means for non-commercial distribution
without addition, deletion or amendment, provided an acknowledgement
of the source is given and these Terms & Conditions are reproduced
These Profiles may not be reproduced without the prior written permission
of IMO either for commercial distribution or with addition, deletion