Outputs & Activities
The project is composed of four components, which are the following:
- Information and data gathering
- assessment of regional and national programs for monitoring, and tracking climate variability and change and its impacts.
- regional consensus on a mechanism for sharing data on climate variability and change
- development of an online multi-country Information Sharing Platform on climate variability and change monitoring data in coastal areas
- In-depth analysis of climate variability impacts
- regional Assessment of the consequences of climate variability and change for ecosystems and human activities, including an in-depth analysis of impacts on selected hotspots and sectors
- implementation of models and tools to assess environmental and socioeconomic impacts and evaluate response options in two coastal areas in Sibenik-Knin in Croatia and Kerkennah Islands in Tunisia
- Capacity building and integration of the climate dimension into ICZM planning
- development of a methodology and tools for mainstreaming climate variability and change considerations into national ICZM planning and practices
- development of an Integrated Management Plan in the Sibenik-Knin coast in Croatia and integration of the climate dimension in Coastal Plans in Algeria and Montenegro.
- contribution to building capacity and advancing policy dialogue in participating countries on climate variability and change with emphasis on ICZM and IWRM issues
- regional assessment of Climate Change Adaptation for Mediterranean Coastal Zones and integration into policies and plans.
- Project management and coordination