Environmental protection is a „community responsibility” and the active involvement of the public is a core principle in sustainable water management. This basic fact was already recognised when the Danube River Protection Convention (DRPC) was signed on 29 June 1994 in Sofia, Bulgaria. To date, 19 organisations have taken this opportunity and have become observers to the ICPDR. These organisations include NGOs, organisations representing private industry, and intergovernmental organisations.
Organisations with observer status in the ICPDR:
- Black Sea Commission (BSC)
- Central Dredging Association (CEDA)
- Danube Environmental Forum (DEF)
- Danube Commission (DC)
- Danube Tourist Commission (DIE DONAU)
- European Anglers Alliance (EAA)
- European Barge Union (EBU)
- European Water Association (EWA)
- Friends of Nature International (NFI)
- Global Water Partnership (GWP/CEE)
- International Association for Danube Research (IAD)
- International Association of Water Supply Companies in the Danube River Catchment Area (IAWD)
- International Hydrological Programme of the UNESCO (IHP/Danube)
- International Sava River Basin Commission (ISRBC)
- RAMSAR Convention on Wetlands
- Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC)
- VGB PowerTech e.V. (VGB)
- via donau
- World Wide Fund for Nature – Danube-Carpathian Programme (WWF-DCP)
The information contained in the ICPDR website is intended to enhance public access to information about the ICPDR and the Danube River. The information is correct to the best of the knowledge of the ICPDR Secretariat. If errors are brought to our attention we will try to correct them.
The ICPDR, expert group members, nor other parties involved in preparation of information contained on this website cannot, however, be held responsible for the correctness and validity of the data and information provided, nor accept responsibility or liability for damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information conveyed therein.
Only those documents clearly marked ICPDR documents reflect the position of the ICPDR.
Any links to other websites are provided for your convenience only. The ICPDR does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, availability, or appropriateness to the user's purposes, of any information or services on any other website.
When using the information and material provided on this website, credit should be given to the ICPDR.